Sat., Sept. 7th we'll have our 1st Race in which we run on a Cyclocross Course in Cyclocross Format.
What does that mean?
We'll be running on a roughly 1 mile loop (off road) for 20 minutes. you'll try to complete as many loops as possible in that 20 minute time period. The race will take place in the Bent creek Community Park (directions below) and benefit Trips for Kids. Adults are $15 at 11:30AM and we'll have a FREE kids race at 12:30PM.
This is a very diverse course with single track, open fields,
elevation, stairs, and so on. This is the most challenging course we
Racing times are:
Cyclocross Bike Race - Men’s & Ladies Beginner – 10:00am / 30min
Cyclocross Bike Race - Men’s B and Fast A&B – 10:45am / 40min
Running - Cross Country Race All Ages – 11:30
Running - Free Kids Race – 12:30pm
Cyclocross Bike Race - Men’s 35+ – 1:00pm / 40min
Cyclocross Bike Race - Mens A – 2:00pm / 50min
Directions to Bent Creek Park
- Take the Blue Ridge Parkway exit #33 off of I26
- Take hwy 191 (Brevard Rd.) southwest towards the Parkway (Biltmore
Square Mall will be on your immediate left). Take a right at the third
(or forth stoplight if coming from East 26) stop light, which will be
the first light after Discount Shoes (Pole Creasman Rd.).
- Go up Pole Creasman Rd. about 4 streets and make a left onto idlewood Dr..
- After 2 blocks will see the park entrance on your left. Please park in the park or on the street.
- When parking on the street please be aware of the neighborhood
residences, and please do not block their driveways or intersections.